- The Science and the Reality of Cellulite
- We see the world through the lens of our past - our training, modeling, education, peers, etc. Change comes when we can see through a new lens.
The scientific perspective of cellulite (so far) shows that cellulite (like so many things) has a combination of causes (this is from WebMD):
- Poor diet/Fad dieting
- Slow metabolism
- Lack of physical activity
- Hormonal changes
- Total body fat
- Thickness and color of your skin
The natural health perspective is a little different, although some items are the same, just said in a different way:
- Estrogen imbalance
- Increased Toxicity/decreased lymphatic flow
- Reduced circulation
- Impaired digestion/lack of nutrients (protein for amino acid building blocks, Vitamin C for collagen, saturated fat for every cell, etc.)
The holistic perspective traces the origins to the 1960's and 1970's (first reference to cellulite was in 1978) with the changing landscape of the American family and workplace. This has had an impact on the health of both men and women, but estrogen is a strong component of the cellulite story and cellulite is primarily an issue for women after puberty. Issues listed below are not necessarily in order; the circle can start anywhere.
- Protein deficiency (dietary or digestive issue; lower quality due to factory farms/dairies; stress and negative emotions)
- Low spleen energy (anemia or low blood quality: self-esteem issues)
- Low lymphatic flow (low spleen, lack of physical activity, backlog of toxic waste/emotions; )
- Low liver function (low quality of blood -> anemia, not clearing used hormones -> excess hormones, detoxification issues -> congested lymph; anger, jealousy, depression may come from liver weakness or cause liver weakness)
- Low energy, poor circulation (low oxygen to cells so all systems have low energy);
Solutions are not "this or that" but "this and that."
- Supporting lymphatic drainage (reducing toxic intake, Electro-Lymphatic Therapy, clearing stuck emotions)
- Supporting digestion (probiotics, enzymes, bile, and/or HCl)
- Walking/running/bouncing and weight bearing exercise (to clear lymphatic system and to restore muscle tone)
- Supporting liver function through nutritional support or energetic support (resolving emotional issues, anger, e.g.)
- Hormone balancing - not so much specific numbers but appropriate ratios by giving the body what it needs rather than external supplementation of hormones.
Helpful tools for identifying the causes and correcting them include Biofeedback (Muscle Response Testing, ElectroDermal Screening, Metabolic Assessment, etc). Biofeedback identifies the systems that are energetically out of balance, and assists in establishing a program to restore balance.
Electro-Lymphatic Therapy assists in restoring lymph flow and breaking lymphatic congestion. The V-Flex vibration plate stimulates circulation and lymph flow. Trampoline, running, jumping jacks, etc., all stimulate lymphatic flow.
Interpreting blood tests and hormone tests from a functional perspective rather than a pathological perspective allows a more proactive approach to health.
We offer a consultation based on the Metabolic Assessment Form, viewing blood work from a functional perspective, and an interview in person or on the phone.